COCCYX INJURY
Hi I need some urgent attention I had a fall and have fractured my right arm elbow & my tail bone is dislocated by approx 60 degrees. I ave a major problem as I can't sit, sleep or stand for more than 15-20 mins. I would like to know what can be done to get the tail bone back in its original place and how long will this take. Please advise.
Hi there!

Well, most dislocations of the coccyx are managed conservatively with rest and anti-inflammatory medications while manual reduction can be attempted in moderate cases. In severe cases or in cases with significant symptoms a surgery may be required to restore the bone to its original position. It would be best to discuss the management plan in detail with your treating orthopedician. Meanwhile it is advised to rest the region and avoid positions that put direct pressure over the bone. Tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS may also be helpful for pain relief.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!