Orthopedics Community
CTEV prob. is cured but not ready to wear braces.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

My baby girl is born with CTEV problem in left foot. She is cured by Casting, surgery was not required as she was under casting treatment from the 2nd day of the birth. No, she is 10 months old and she is not ready to wear her braces shoes.She crying a lot & not ready to sleep with that braces. Please held me what can I do. Is there any other solution, or will the foot turn again if she will not wear the braces. I had started to fit a normal shoes all the time in her foot. I dont find any other solution. Kindly suggest.
Hi there!

If braces have been prescribed by her orthopedician they need to be worn. Giving into the child’s tantrums is not an easy solution. We do understand that these may not particularly be comfortable to wear, but there are required to prevent the condition from reverting. You may like to discuss the situation in detail with her treating orthopedician.
Hope this helps.

Take  care!