Calf Pain
I have a torn meniscus in my left knee and also arthritis which has been seen and treated with injections by my orthopedist. The problems is now I am having severe calf pain on the same leg, but I don't know if is related to my knee or is something else entirely. I went to the doctor and was seen by his PA and she did not seem to know what she was talking about, she went into a whole thing about probably being a baker's cyst, then the doctor came in and said it may be a blood clot and they gave me celebrex samples and left. I am in severe pain with swelling along the calf and ankles. The PA did not even exam me. I am now having trouble walking. Help!
   Thanks for writing in. Torn meniscus can cause pain in the knee, tenderness on palpation in the knee, but pain in the calf would not be due to a torn meniscus.

It could occur due to a ruptured ACL, peripheral vascular disease like thrombosis,varicose veins, phlebitis;baker's cyst etc.

I would suggest that you get an x-ray, MRI of the knee and colour doppler of the lower leg vessels. This would reveal any abnormality if present and treatment accordingly.
Discuss the possible options with your orthopaedician and follow his advise.
Best.