ORTHOPEDICS
COMMUNITY
Calf muscle pain/weakness after sciatica problem.
by Teresa930, Oct 25, 2009
I'm just wondering if there are any exercises which I can do for the spasms in the outer calf muscles which also present with weakness in my leg. This came on when my sciatica back pain seems well on the way to recovery.
Member Comments (3)
Avatar_dr_m_tn
by Dr VinodBlank, Oct 26, 2009
Hello!

There are two primary muscle groups on the back of the lower legs the gastrocnemius and the soleus muscles.

I am quoting some exercises from the free library:

1) Standing and Seated Calf raises

This calf weight lifting exercise is a basic calf workouts that works your gastrocnemius muscles. Whenever you perform standing calf weight lifting exercises you must see to it that your legs stay locked at the knees.

2) Best Calf Muscle Building Exercise

Calf Muscle Exercises are performed to build your calf muscles, soleus and gastrocnemius. Seated calf raises are the best calf muscle exercises to build strength in your calves.

Discuss with an expert in your gym or a physiotherapist to go ahead perfectly.

Take care!
by Teresa930, Oct 27, 2009
Many thanks for your advice. I will get guidance on these.

Teresa930
Avatar_dr_m_tn
by Dr VinodBlank, Oct 27, 2009
Hello!

To add something you can consult a physiotherapist or trainer. Once you learn them you can repeat them daily as in a routine.

Take care!