Can 1 leg start shrinking?
O.K. I have known for many years that I had 1 leg slightly shorter then the other. But 2 weeks ago it seemed to be getting shorter. Sometimes I walk and can really tell. Other times I will be walking, or standing without thinking about it and think, then I remember it a think I'm just being stupid it's the same as it's always been. My wife says I'm crazy. When I stand straight, or lye in bed and compare they look fine. But then I'll miss step with the shorter leg and think that shouldn't have happened. I don't know if I've changed some of my stepping procedure and it's just making the difference more pronounced, as I said it doesn't happen all the time, or if there is something going on.  I don't want to go to the doctor and run a bunch of expensive tests if nothings wrong, but I don't want to wait until it gets worse if something is. We are planning a vacation in 2 months and I don't want medicals bill to ruin that unnecessarily, as I am prone to hypocondria. I do have back issues and had a bout with my sciatic nerve on that side last summer and have been favoring that leg a little. Any advice?
Have you thought about going to a chiropractor? If you have a past history of back problems it is very likely your back may need adjusted. It is possible when your back is out of place your hips also become out and the muscles pull against each other and can make one leg shorter than the other. My back goes out quite a bit and I never knew it could cause this until I went to my chiro and had one leg 3 inches shorter than the other! Best wishes, Sissie