Orthopedics Community
Can anyone recomend a good insole?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Can anyone recomend a good insole?

Hi everyone, Im new here and joined in my search to find relieve for my foot pain. Im am 25 years old and have flat feet and no arch. I went to a podiatrist a year ago and an MRI showed that I have a bone overgrowth between the joint in my ankle, so instead of having one joint in the ankle I have to. The growth has caused my ankle to lean inward. The doctor told me the only solution was to insert a screw and eliminate the movement in one of the joints. He said that it wasnt immediately necessary so Im holding it off till I finish college. I am looking for a good insole that will give me support. Ive tried a few and was recently given the drscholls custom fit which are no good. I have seen the custom ones which you insert your foot and create a mold and they send you a custom made insole back as well as power step insoles. I have no clue which route to go. Any ideas?