Can carpal tunnel syndrome affect the chest area?
I have had carpal tunnel syndrome for a while now. But recently it has gotten worse, I get the usaual numbness and tingling feeling in my hands and thumbs. I also now get shooting pains go up my arm and into my shoulders. I also get alot of pain between my shoulder blades also. Around my shoulder blades are tender to the touch so is the middle of my chest when i press on it.  The pain is getting worse coming from my hands into my shoulders. This main sound strange but when i press on my chest area i can feel like a numbness feeling go down my arm into my hands. Also get a burning sensation on my upper chest area and in my arms.   I have been getting back treatments on a regular basis which has helped in the past but seems to be getting worse.   Also about 15 months ago i was walking my dogs and slipped on some ice and fell on the curb of the street landing on my back below my shoulder blades.  I was of course soar and stiff, I went in and got some back treatments. After about 2 weeks my back felt pretty good. Now I would say the last 3 months the area where I fell having alot of pain. Never did go in and get an Xray.    

I find myself tensed up in the shoulder area for no reason. Not sure what that is about.  Just a history about me
46 year old male    had a hitial herna but got it fixed,   high blood pressure   take an ACE inhibitor with a diuratic
also take wellbrtin xl for my  adult ADD.

Hi Dear

Shoulder pain is relatively common in carpal tunnel syndrome. Dr. George Phalen's classic review on carpal tunnel syndrome states that pain may be referred to the forearm, elbow, or shoulder. Das and Brown, reviewing complications in carpal tunnel decompression, describe 15 patients who complained of proximal pain; in all of these, the pain disappeared after surgical decompression of the median nerve.

Best