Orthopedics Community
Can't rotate forearm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Can't rotate forearm

I fractured my forearm and was in a hard cast for about 2 months. When the cast came off, I was told the forearm was 90% healed. It has been 3 weeks since the cast has come off and the part of my forearm where the break was feels fine. however, i am not able to fully rotate my forearm. I can get my palm to face up but not to face down. will this problem fix itself in a couple of weeks? or will i need surgery of some sort?
This should have been answered by your doctor, or you should leave a message with the nurse. When the cast came off, you should have been instructed on soft tissue recovery exercises.
It is most likely tendon tightening, from 2 months of immobility. You should start with hand squeeze exercises and  wrist and arm stretching exercises.