Cervical Spine MRI Results
For a few years I've been getting a stabbing pain between my shoulder blade and my spine that is almost unbearable.  It comes and goes but usually only lasts for short periods of time.  Can you tell me in layman terms what the results of this MRI mean?  Thank you.

I had an MRI done with the following results:
C-1 / C-2 unremarkable in appearance.
C-2-3, small to moderate sized posterior left disc / osteophyte complex resulting in mild to moderate encroachment on the left lateral recess and medial aspect of the left intervertebral foramen.
C-3-4, same as C-2-3.
C-4-5 essentially unremarkable.
C-5-6, small to moderate sized broad based posterior right paracentral / posterior right disc / osteophyte complex resulting in mild encroachment on the right lateral recess and medial aspect of the right intervertebral foramen.
C-6-7, level is essentially unremarkable with a minimal posterior right disc / osteophyte complex.
The cervical spinal cord is normal in form and signal. Posterior central disc bulging is incidentally noted at T-6-7.
In the left lower cervical soft tissues anterior and to the left of C-7-T-1 level, there is a lesion of mixed heterogeneous increased T2 signal measuring 4.5 x 4.2cm in diameter.

Incidentally noted focal mass lesion in the left lower cervical / upper thoracic soft tissues as described and discussed above.
Hello dear,

Osteophytes which are protrusions of bone and cartilage are very common and develop in areas of a degenerating joint With age, the vertebrae (the component bones of the spine) gradually form bone spurs, and their shock-absorbing disks slowly shrink.
These changes can alter the alignment and stability of the spine
However, about 50% of people over age 50 experience neck pain and stiffness due to cervical spondylosis. Of these people, 25-40% have at least one episode of cervical radiculopathy, a condition that arises when osteophytes compress nerves between the vertebrae. Another potential problem occurs if osteophytes, degenerating disks, or shifting vertebrae narrow the spinal canal. This pressure compresses the spinal cord and its blood vessels, causing cervical spondylitic myelopathy, a disorder in which large segments of the spinal cord are damaged. This disorder affects fewer than 5% of people with cervical spondylosis. Symptoms of both cervical spondylitic myelopathy and cervical radiculopathy may be present in some people.
Lesion of mixed heterogeneous increased T2 signal requires more interpretation ,you should consult a neurologist as it requires more investigations.

Best
Thank you so much for your reply.