Chipped Bone
I recently sprained my ankle and got an x ray, a few days later the hospital rang me and said i had a small chip on my bone. They just said keep it strapped and elevated. But there's no pain anymore with it and i can walk fine. Any one i talk to says that I should be in a cast for it. Is this true?
Hi dear,
Chipped bone or Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) is a problem that causes pain and stiffness of the ankle joint.Most cases of OCD usually follow a twisting injury to the ankle and are actually fractures of the joint surface
The cause of most cases of OCD are thought to be actual chip-type fractures. These fractures occur with severe ankle sprains.
Nonsurgical treatment includes immobilization in a cast for six weeks  to see if the bone injury heals. If your pain is fine then healing process is good,still if you feel the pain then you should see a orthopedic surgeon.
Goodluck