Orthopedics Community
Chiropractor for hip & leg pain, 6 wks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Chiropractor for hip & leg pain, 6 wks?

I have been going to a chiropractor for 6 weeks now for my hip and leg.  I have degenerative disease in my right hip which causes hip pain and leg pain.  Before seeing the chiropractor I had 3 steriod injections in my spine because I have a pinched nerve in L4-5.  My orthopedic dr said he thought the pain in my hip and right leg were coming from that.  After the pain injections I was really good for about 5 weeks then it came back. I procrastinated for almost 6 months and then started aqua aerobics which helped but I was still in pain.  I then went back to my orthopedic (actually the spine doctor there) and he felt like with my symptoms the problem was more with my hip which we had already figured out I had problems with but.... we thought the hip was caused from the spine problem.  Are you still with me?????  Anyway....the spine dr told me to go back to the pain drs and get an injection in my hip which I did. Again, I felt better for about 5-6 weeks then started hurting again. So I started going to a Chiropractor who got all my records from the Drs.  They said they could help me but now after 6 weeks I honestly am not better and maybe even worse.  I don't know what to do. The Chiro Drs tell me that they want to see me til middle of January 3-2 times a week.  I am now going 2 times a week then will go down to 1 time a week until this scheduled treatment is done.  Help!  Don't know if I should keep going or go back to my Orthopedic Doctors.