Clavicle re-break
About 4 months ago i broke my collarbone in a accident playing soccer. It broke sorta in the middle of the bone just in two pieces. After 4 months i still felt a little bit of pain but just thought it would be fine seeing as recovery was taking longer than a normal collarbone break. So i decided to go for a swim at the beach, got dumped by a wave and i felt it break again (although it never fully healed). Iv'e been told that i will probably need surgery now. My question is; after surgery will i ever get full range of motion back and be able to return to contact sports and surfing, i am 17 btw.
Hi there!

Well, though the precise prognosis would depend on the type of break and the type of surgery suggested, in most cases full recovery is usually possible after the few initial weeks; though it would be best to discuss the situation and expected prognosis in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!