Collar bone rehab and exercise options?
I am a 27 year old female and I fractured my collar bone a year ago in a horseback riding accident and had to have two surgeries to fix it.  The first surgery (1 plate, 6 screws) didn't hold, I actually had a screw coming out of my skin and somehow it re-fractured, I have no idea how...so I had to have another surgery and now have 2 plates and 12 screws in there.  For the most part it doesn't bother me although I can't sleep on the point of my left shoulder/left side because it gets very sore and have to be careful about what I do because I do feel it.  I am always afraid that I am going to re-injure it so it keeps me from doing certain activities, pull ups, push ups, lifting heavy items, pushing things, etc.  I want to be able to work my arms and shoulders at the gym but I dont know what types of activities are good to do and what aren't.  I'm really really afraid of re-injury.  Any suggestions on good activities that will strengthen my back/shoulders/arms without compromising my collar bone?  You don't realize how much your collar bone is involved in everyday movement and exercise until you can't use it.
Thanks in advance.
Lisa
Hey Lisa!

I would suggest consulting a physiotherapist who should be able to guide you with activities that may be beneficial in muscle strengthening around the shoulders without putting excessive stress on the collar bone.
Hope this helps.

Take care!