Orthopedics Community
Complications after chondroplasty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Complications after chondroplasty

I had chondroplasty surgery over 5 months ago.  I am age 51 and in reasonable health.  Although initial swelling of the lower leg was a problem, most has subsided now.  However, swelling on the bottom of my foot, near toes, swelling of toes continues to be painful and problematic.  Within two hours of walking for even just a few minutes, the bottom of my foot swells.  It is painful while swelling, and I have a significant burning sensation while  the foot is swelling.  The swelling and pain make it very difficult to walk.  I find that I must rest for several days to get the swelling to go down.  After physical therapy, hours later, the swelling will start again.  At times with the swelling, my toes are numb.   Doctors seems to be at a loss and have x-rayed for broken foot and completed an ultrasound for blood clots and both are negative.  I am unable to have an MRI due to the presence of metal in my body.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

sjtcp