Orthopedics Community
Concerning MRI results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Concerning MRI results

I am very concerned with the findings from my MRI report and was hoping for a bit of insight into the findings. The findings are as follows:  The bone lesion with T1 hyperintensity in the eighth thoracic vertebral body is a benign hemangioma. Posterior disc bulging at t7-t8 level. Posterior disc herniation centrally with thecal sac indentation at the t8-t9 level. If anyone can shed some light on these findings I would be extremely grateful.
Hi there!

The report describes a benign vascular mass (haemangioma) within the body of T8 vertebra. (The lesion being benign should not be anything to worry about.) Also described is an intervertebral disc herniation at T7/ T8 and T8/ T9 levels, the latter causing an impression on the outer covering of the spinal cord.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!