Conflicting Opinions on AC Separation Grade

I recently got in an accident in which I fell on the road on my shoulder blade. I went to the ER and was in extreme pain. They told me it was just a grade 2 separation, and that I'll need to begin rehab fpr a few weeks. I don't have the xrays for that visit. I then went to an orthopedic clinic where they took their own xrays. They didn't give me a grade number, but they said it's a very high grade separation and I will definitely need surgery. All I know is that 2 weeks after the accident I have full range of motion in my shoulder, have a large bump in the middle of my shoulder, pain and weakness (especiallly in shoulder blade). The surgeon wants to attach cadaver ligaments to the bones to let them heal together. If anyone saw this x-ray, would you assume surgery is needed? I keep reading about people with similar injuries who never get surgery and do fine with rehab alone.  
Hi there!

Your orthopedician is probably correct; this looks like a Type III separation and may need a surgical repair for complete recovery. While Type 1 & II are managed conservatively and Type IV, V & VI surgically; management of Type III is controversial. I would suggest seeking a second opinion before deciding the plan of action.
Hope this helps.

Take care!