Orthopedics Community
Congenital hip dislocation (CDH)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Congenital hip dislocation (CDH)

I’m 26 years old Sri Lankan. When I was born, my both hips were dislocated. Therefore my parents had taken me to an orthopedic specialist. Then my age was 8 months. The doctor had checked me & realized about my born defect. After that he operated my both hips. After the operation hips were correctly located. But hip heads & hip cavities are not normal shape. Doctor advised us it will be normal in future with growing. But it is not happened.
I can do my normal works with limitation. For an example it is little difficult to climb the steps rather than walking the flat surface. The reason is difficult to raise my legs to normal level.

If you are living in Sri Lanka with this type of condition, pls respond to this post. So we can share ideas to mitigate the problem.
Thank you.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment on the situation. It is possible that the surgery has not been corrective or the symptoms could also occur due to other unrelated reasons. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
thank you very much for your opinion