Orthopedics Community
Could the epidural that made my right leg shoot out have been the root ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Could the epidural that made my right leg shoot out have been the root cause of my degenerative disc condition?

I had a epidural in 1989 - pregnancy related, when he inserted the needle my right leg shot out and yet I was petrified and could not move... I've since been told I had a degenerative condition of discs at L4,L5 and S1 and had spinal fusion/discectomy/grafts to disc areas... I'm trying to come to terms with fact that am still/worse  mobility wise now and need use wheelchair to go out of house... I've sciatica and toothache type pains in the bones of the legs and my back is still sore to touch and painful.  I need corset to help stabalise me in the car too....I'm on a mixture of meds, pregabalin, celebres, buprenorphine patches and oramorph as needed, although the latter renders me practically useless, sick and unbalanced so up to bed...I'm frightened to keep taking more as quality of life diminishes and I' only 38...I've pain extending now to the coccyx area which renders me unable to even sit with pain for long, and doctors have not even checked me out on this.  I've also got asthma - controlled with inhalers, and raynauds.  I've now also got issues with left hand which they are trying to sort - trapped ulna I believe...  No one will say if this originated from medical mistake or not... my condition is costly and we get little help because my husband works, I get out little, no clubs or groups for my age and no way to get there if I'm not in bed...I've less freedom than a prisoner...can anything be done to help - I've not give up yet on the hope and do what I can, when I can, however I can.  I cannot afford to move home and yet my doorways are too small to get wheelchair through and house is too small for adaptations and we are not in a position to move home.  Stairs are rediculous and I currently cannot afford a stair lift and regards wheelchair, I live on a hill and everyone struggles to push me to point unless going in car I no longer go out, so get out about 12 times a year if lucky.  Help regards any of these areas which would give back some quality of life would be most helpful , many thanks.