Orthopedics Community
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome cause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Cubital Tunnel Syndrome cause

I was in a vehicle collison over 2 years ago and within a month I was diagnosed with cubital tunnel syndrome in my left (non dominate) arm and today has still not resolved. I've had no pre-existing symptoms and I'm only 27. More detail about the collision I was traveling at 55mph and slowed down to 45mph at impact head on and veared right so my whole left side hit the frame on the vehicle including my shoulder/elbow hitting the door frame. My question is could there be any degree of medical certainity that this is related or caused by the collision. I have no family history of cubital tunnel or carpal tunnel at all. Thank you!
Hi there!

Well, cubital tunnel syndrome could either result from acute injuries such as elbow/ wrist fractures etc or due to pathological issues such as aneurysms, endocrinal issues etc. It may or may not be possible to identify the cause or clearly suggest if this was due to the collision. I would suggest discussing this with your treating doctor based on the clinical evaluation.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thank you for your comment. I did discuss with my current doctor and he said that he has never seen it caused by an accident so it was very unlikely. My question is then why am I reading on all the medical websites that it can be. I've never had any symptoms prior and now I'm back to the doctor due to left knee pain that they say was caused by the collision. Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks!