Cuboid Bone Fracture
I fractured my cuboid bone 9 weeks ago today.  I was in the cam walker boot for the first 2 weeks, casted for 6 weeks and now I am back in the boot.  The Dr. told me I was not allowed to bear weight on the foot at all, and I have listened.  The bone is not healing, and I am still unable to out any pressure on the foot.  Yesterday I received a bone stimulator which is supposed to help the bone to heal, but isn't this a VERY LONG time for a fracture.  I have listened to everything the Dr has told me to do and it still isn't healing.  I have to go back to work and I don't know what to do? Is surgery a better option?
Hi there!

Non healing/ non-union is not an uncommon issue with cuboid fractures. It is a relatively long but not a very long time for the fracture to heal. There is a good chance that bone stimulators might just work. A surgery is often not required and it’s too early to decide for one. If unfortunately the bone does not respond other interventional measures may be tried as well. For now I would suggest going with your doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!