Cuboid fracture
I featured my cuboid in a fall off a step April 18. ER diagnosed ankle sprain but ortho picked up cuboid fracture. He called it a nutcracker with some mild compression on bone. Prescribed NWB with crutches, air stirrup and hard shoe. No cast. Is there anything I can do to increase chances it will heal on its own? I am doing DIY whirlpool (shower and faucet) with 20 mins ice a day plus the NWB. I have slipped three times with crutches and put some weight on injured foot to avoid falling. Luckily, they were all in hard shoe.  Toes are still bruised and swollen and there is swelling on right of ankle. Is this all normal? I'm 46 nonsmoking female who really likes to walk!
Hi there!

The swelling is likely to be due to inflammation and should subside over the next few days/ weeks. Ice-packs and anti-inflammatory medication may be useful for relief. It is advised to avoid putting stress/ weight on the foot and minimize movements as far as possible, for the first 4-6 weeks to help the natural healing process.
Hope this helps.

Take care!