Orthopedics Community
Damaged cartilage in elbow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Damaged cartilage in elbow

About six months ago i saw my orthopedic surgeon about my right elbow that makes an awesome clicking noise when i twist my arm a certain way and it will do even doing day to day activities. He said that it was damaged cartilage within the joint and to come back should it become painful and he will operate - i really don't want to go there but if i have to i have to. Yesterday i twisted my arm unintentionally as it happens everyday and ended up with pain from my elbow to my wrist on the right hand side as it is palm down. At the moment the pain is always there but it isn't that bad sort of a dull ache, enough to be annoying. Do you think that the pain is linked to the cartilage damage or something else altogether? Also just out of interest do you have any idea what the surgery would involve  should i have it? Just wondering, thank you so much