Aa
A
A
Close
De Quervain's Disease - Surgery TOMORROW
I am having surgery for De Quervain's Disease in my right wrist tomorrow. I am wondering just what kind of bracing they are going to put over my wrist after the surgery is completed. And of course, I am right handed. How long will it be before I can go about work duties ( massive typing and writing) without severe pain? Also, when will I be able to drive?? I know these questions may sound silly, but I am really curious. Any answers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Megan
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
965215_tn?1274958773
Well not sure about De Quervain's Disease but I had De Quervain's surgery (along with other procedures) and after surgery they will probably do a plaster splint with bulky dressing and check you in ten days post op. I then would say cast you for a month or so, then some physical therapy. As far as driving I just use my left hand to drive with as long as you are not taking narcotics if you are I wouldn't drive. So as long as you aren't taking narcotics I would say the next day. Again though if you think you can drive with just the one hand. I have been doing it for 2 years now so I am used to it.
As far as the pain and how long, it varies for everyone.
Well I hope I helped a little. Good luck with your surgery!!
Comment
Cancel
965215_tn?1274958773
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
De Quervain's Disease - Surgery TOMORROW
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources