De Quervain's Disease - Surgery TOMORROW
I am having surgery for De Quervain's Disease in my right wrist tomorrow. I am wondering just what kind of bracing they are going to put over my wrist after the surgery is completed. And of course, I am right handed. How long will it be before I can go about work duties ( massive typing and writing) without severe pain? Also, when will I be able to drive?? I know these questions may sound silly, but I am really curious. Any answers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Megan
Well not sure about De Quervain's Disease but I had De Quervain's surgery (along with other procedures) and after surgery they will probably do a plaster splint with bulky dressing and check you in ten days post op. I then would say cast you for a month or so, then some physical therapy. As far as driving I just use my left hand to drive with as long as you are not taking narcotics if you are I wouldn't drive. So as long as you aren't taking narcotics I would say the next day. Again though if you think you can drive with just the one hand. I have been doing it for 2 years now so I am used to it.
As far as the pain and how long, it varies for everyone.
Well I hope I helped a little. Good luck with your surgery!!