Deep bone bruise - shin with skin gouge
I took a large blow direct to my shin a week ago. There was also a chunk of skin the size of a dollar coin carved out as well. Immediately afterward a grapefruit like bruise came up. I used polysporin and a dressing for the cut, and Ice for the swelling. After 5 days the area around the cut became red and warm to the touch, also more painful. Doctor precribed a medicated dressing (used commonly for burns, grafts etc) and antibiotics for the oncoming infection.

It is now very tender in the area below the wound itself, and when I press down with a finger the dent that it makes stayes a few seconds. The bruising is movning downward as far as the foot, and tghe bruise is now more orange-like than grapefruit like.

Question(s) When should I resume my normal 1 hr/day workouts? they include use of a bike for cardio. Also, when can I expect the pain and swelling to subside?