Orthopedics Community
Dent in thigh after ACL, MCL, PCL reconstruction...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Ten years ago I had MCL, ACL, and PCL reconstruction. I was required to wear a brace for a long time and afterwards I noticed there was a huge dent in my thigh and a small lump. I am overweight and have extremely fatty thighs and it seemed like it only affected that fatty part of my leg. The muscle seemed ok. They told me they took out some of my muscle from my thigh to reconstruct my ligaments so I just thought it was fat damage because of that. Recently though, it's starting to bother me a little bit. It's not intense, it's kind of a dull pain every now and then. Should I be concerned?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed description of the symptoms or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. The dent and the lump could be due to the reconstruction or scar tissue formation. If there are no other specific symptoms, I would not suspect this to be anything to worry about. If there are associated symptoms such as movement abnormalities, a review with your treating orthopedician may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!