Disc Replacement - Side Effects
I had a artificial disc replacement surgery at my L4 and L5, I have experienced a series of issues regarding my legs and feet. I have recently learned that the disc was placed in 5 mm to the left. I have been unable to sleep just 3 to 4 hours a night i wake up in pain and stiffness.Im only  able to sleep on my right side.I had my replacement done in 2005 and i havn't got any relief. My question is with the artificial disc being placed 5mm to left can that be causing me alot of problems.

This discussion is related to Fusion after disc replacement?.
Hello!

Artificial disc replacement (ADR) is a device or implant used to replace a diseased or damaged inter vertebral disc. After removing what’s left of the worn out disc, the ADR is inserted in the space between two lumbar vertebrae. The goal is to replace the diseased or damaged disc while keeping your normal spinal motion.

Follow up with your surgeon of reasons of placing the artificial disc to 5mm left. This might be the reason of pain and no relief even after surgery.

Did you have physical therapy after the surgery? This is very essential to gain strength and to decrease the pain.

Take a second opinion and go for a correction if required.

Take care!