Discomfort in Larynx
I've got a discomfort in my neck, somewhere between my thyroid cartilage and hyroid bone, about 1 inch off of center.  I'm a trumpet player and may have torn/streched something down there while playing a long strenuous passage of music about 10 months ago (Finale of Stravinsky's Firebird ballet)str.  The discomfort is always present and is often greatest while playing the trumpet.  The sensation is a dull tightness, as though there is a lump in the area or someone is pressing on it.  There is no sharp pain, but it seems to becoming more and more omnipresent.  Who should I consult about this?
Hello!

You need to follow up with an ENT for the problem in the throat and if it is with the larynx then with the chest specialist.

See if your neck muscle, sternocleidomastoid is affected which also causes discomfort in the neck. Thyroid problems or swelling of lymph nodes in the neck causes neck discomfort. There are many organs in the neck which may cause these problems.

Take care!
If I sit my neck wrong and tighten my muscles something happens in my neck.. it is a pain and it is hurtful to swallow.. it happens a lot and I am wondering if this is a sort of condition.. it causes me pain.. but I can pop it back in to place when I relax my muscles.. it happens involuntarily and I have learned how to control it not happening.. but it still happens every now and again.. anyone can shed light on this that would be great.. cuz I feel like a freak.. has happened to me since I was about 16..