Dislocated Collar Bone
I have a question about to what i should do with my shoulder. Awhile back maybe 2years ago i used to go to the gym and workout, however i don't lift too much weights. It was probably due to malnutrition or not eating enough as to my rigourous weight training. After a while i felt shoulder pains as to when i lift it up. So basically i layed off the weight, kinda work out on and off thing. About 8months ago i went to a doctor got an x-ray for a different reason, they saw there was a dislocation of the collarbone to the shoulder, they told me surgery wouldn't benefit me. I layed off weights for good, and recently i just started push-ups. However thats not the problem, yesterday i was laying on my bed and had my arm in the air, as i brought it back down i heard a SNAP. At first it didnt feel like anything was wrong, but as a little time went by i moved my arm up and down wise, it would hurt the way it did back then when i would lift weights. So i'm assuming that whatever grew back together in that area got SNAPPED off yesterday. Now i'm feeling pain when my arm is moving and not. I was wondering what might of went wrong and what i should do now. Right now I'm just taking vitamin D and not moving my arm.
Hello Dear,
The dislocated shoulder should be relocated as soon as possible by a trained professional to prevent further complications which may arise due to nerve and/or blood vessel entrapment, however ideally an X-Ray should be sought prior to reduction (putting the shoulder back in) to rule out fractures Never try to 'pop' the shoulder back in yourself as you could do further damage.
You should seek help from a orthopedic physician and do not take it lightly.
You need some rehabilitation to help you regain both the function of the shoulder, and to prevent it from dislocating again.  Some cases may even require surgery if the shoulder is regularly dislocating, or if there is an associated fracture, and if the reduction is difficult it may be necessary to conduct the procedure under anaesthetic.
You will probably have to rest the shoulder after reduction in a sling, to allow it time to recover and prevent further injury.  Often pain killers are provided to ease the pain, and referral to a physiotherapist is common.
Refer http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/shoulder/dislocated_shoulder.htm

Best
The problem isnt a dislocated shoulder, its more the collarbone from the shoulder.
I dislocated my collarbone in Dec 2008. I ama  40yr old female. I went to an Orthopedic Doc who said there was nothing he could do that the bone would grow back. Since then I have developed not one but two frozen shoulders. I have seen a different Orthopedic Doc since then, who wanted to do surgery. I went back to the original Ortho Doc who has given me cortisone shots in both shoulders for the pain, two weeks apart. I am now on Mobic which is a medicine for arthritis. It has agressively went from my collarbone, to my shoulders, down my arms and now my legs. I have done extensive research and I am going to see a Neurologist as I believe this may have all started from a virus in the brain. Good luck to you and god Bless
Hello, you seem to bo going thru the same thing my husband is. He was in a bad car accident in 2004 and his clavicle is not pressing against his throat and is separated at the shoulder. We cannot find a doctor who will touch it. Loss of movement and extreme pain have been my husband's life ever since. All of the doctors want to classify it as a shoulder issue when it is really a sterno-clavicluar joint issue. If you get any mor info or help, PLEASE pass it on.