Dislocated Pinky & Torn Ligament. Need Answers Please
I dislocated my pinky almost a year ago and tore a ligament in the process.
They numbed the pinky and popped it back in place. Then they had to put a pin in it
because the tip was still hanging over. When they removed it about a month later,
i started therapy. After a while, all seemed well and i was glad. But recently, my pinky has "frozen" up. Its back to the point were i can't bend the 1st and second knuckles.
is there any reason for this? Do i need to do therapy again? And can they just numb the whole finger and bend it back to normal? Also, after the surgery, my finger is still crooked. Is it always going to be like this, or did the doctors do something wrong? One doctor told me that they could break the pinky and let it "re-heal". I found this as b.s. I just need some wise advice. Thank you!
I think you would have unknowingly dislocated the interphalangeal joint; hence you are not able to bend your 1st and 2nd knuckles.
I feel first thing you should be doing is get an imaging study of your hand and see if any fractures exist.
If yes, then you need to contact the orthopedist again and if not, you can show X-ray to physiotherapist and start exercising after initial rest.
Your finger being crooked suggests that it would have probably healed in wrong direction.
Hope this helps.
Write back to us if you need any queries to be answered.
Bye.
JainMD...

miguelmendoza1990 replying to ur post.
thank you for the response.

if i uploaded a picture and sent it to u could u tell me what was wrong with it?
How are you feeling?
I assume you might be feeling better, but want to know what the status of your knuckles is.
I think you want to send x-ray of the lesion.
If you want to send x-ray, I think I am comfortable in reading one. If you talking about other imaging studies, if might be difficult for me.
What kind of picture you want to upload?
Did you meet another doctor? What about imaging study, have you got it done recently?
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.