Orthopedics Community
Do I have a knee problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Do I have a knee problem

The back of the knee pops. This has been going on for a very long time, but now when it pops, it is very painful. There is no where else it hurts, only behind the knee. The more and longer the knee is bent, then straighten, the more painful it is. What can this be?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms, tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, injuries to the internal knee ligaments/ menisci, growths etc. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for an evaluation and appropriate management. Meanwhile you may try resting the knee with some OTC NSAIDS to relieve the pain.
Hope this helps.

Take care!