Do I have kienbock's disease?
I am 17 years old. After every 3-7 weeks my left or right wrist starts to hurt really badly and it feels numb in the carpal bones - I believe it is the lunate bone in the carpal that is causing the pain. The pain is always either my left or right wrist I hardly feel the pain simultaneously on both the hands however, this time the pain came and I almost equally feel the pain on both of the wrists as its stiff but the left wrist is a bit more worse. Anyway my wrist feels very inflexible and I can hardly bend my wrist if so my wrist hurts even more. If I press on my carpal bone I can really feel the pain. After like 3-6 days the pain goes away and comes back later in after a couple of weeks. I have had this pain for around 5 years now but it was much infrequent until around 1 and a half year ago when it started becoming more frequent. Wondering what this cause is? I spoke to my GP almost 2 months ago they told me not to worry about it as the pain comes and goes and he advised me to take anti-inflammatory and flex my wrist that's all and nothing to worry about as the pain comes and goes so I shouldn't worry about it.  The doctor had told me that they can’t do anything about it and is sounds like tendonitis but when I look on the internet about wrist tendonitis it says that you feel pain in the side of your thumb whereas, my pain is in somewhere in the carpal middle so it might be the lunate bone.
When I read information on the internet about Kienbock's disease it matches with the symptoms. Can someone please help and tell me what to do?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include stress fractures, inflammation, tendonitis, neuro-muscular/ vascular issues etc. This does not sound like Kienbock’s disease. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Should I ask my GP for an x-ray then?