Does this look like Sprengels?
My niece fell on her head/neck when she was 3, she felt severe pain and as she described it a snap in her shoulder. Her injury was undected at the ER but after my sister got home she noticed what appeared to be her scapula pushing up through her shoulder. Several ER visits, Chiro exam, urgent care, primary care visits and 12yrs later my niece has chronic debilitating pain. We found a Orthopedic Surgeon who diagnosed her with Sprengels in the last few months. Could this be Sprengels if it happened during a fall? We are looking for someone in the greater Phoenix area that has knowledge & surgical experience with this condition? Thanks!
Hi!
Well, as you already know, Sprengel's deformity is a congenital one. So, it may have been present since birth but not noticed before. The fall may have aggravated it.
On the other hand, the fall could have resulted in scoliosis (this would be evident on X-rays and MRIs of the spine) and this may have caused the misalignment of the scapula with one appearing higher than other.
Another possibility is a nerve injury causing muscle atrophy on one side. This can cause that side shoulder to ride up. You could show your niece to another specialist for a second opinion. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.