Orthopedics Community
Does this sound like labrum tear in hip ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I have been unable sit down without terrible pain in my right hip for the last five weeks.  It's sore when standing, walking, and  laying down.  The pain is definately worse when sitting or laying on my side.  The pain is felt in the right buttock and down my right thigh to my knee.  The pain is not immediate when I sit down but builds until it untolerable after a couple minutes.  When I rotate  my right leg it hurts in my hip and feels like a groin pull.  When I lift my right leg I feel a light pop in hip joint but not when I lift my left leg.  The pop is not painful, I can just feel it.  I have no numbness. My Doctor suspected a disc problem and I have done three weeks of physical therapy with no relief.  I have been taking 1000 mg of Napraxon a day since this began without any noticeable affect.  An MRI was done and it showed my spine to be completey normal.  An X-Ray of my right hip showed I was slightly Arthritic.  The Doctor said on a scale of 0-10 it was a two.  It doesn't seem likely to me to have that much pain from minimal arthritis.  I was told years ago by my Doctor that I had Arthritis in my back, I really have felt anything from it.  
Tags: tear
Hi bretty,
i was diagnosed with a right hip labrum tear a about 2 years ago, well i seen a specialist that im sort of regretting now, he did tests on me(MRI, CT scan, Die injection into my hip, and they decided to do an arthroscopy on my hip once they were done with that they couldn't fix the problem with the scope. so i underwent open hip surgery, i was in a wheelchair and crutches for almost 3 months, a while after i started walking again my hip started doing the same thing popping and being irritated. Now im scheduled for another right hip arthroscopy in 2 weeks. What it sounds like to me is you should get another doctors opinion if you can, and do some research about this before you think about surgery or anything like that.

hope you get better
I would definitly get a second opinion. I was suffering from groin pain on my right side for at least 9 months. I finally couldnt take the pain any longer and decided to go to my general dr.He thought it could b a hernia.Scheduled an MRI which showed i had an extensive tearing of the acetabular labrum. I had an arthroscopic debridement. I was told I would return to work in 4-5 wks. I was still in severe pain in the groin. I had a cortisone shot right in the joint.No relief.went back to my surgeon and told me there was nothing else he could do for me.I went for a second opinion. Had another MRI which should I had AVN-avascular necrosis of the femoral head on the right hip. they tried using and antimflammatory and fosamax to slow down the necrosis.didnt work.Im now facing to have my hip replaced. I lost my positon at work after the first 3months and at 6  months lost my job completly.Im now applying for long tern disability until I get thru the surgery and start getting stronger.So for your own sake. Get a second opinion. its worth it.Mind you I didnt have this necrosis before my surgery.it developed after my surgery.I have been home now for 6 months today and in pain for more than nine months. I just want my daily routine back.I want to go hiking,biking,and taking long walks on the beach like I use to. God Bless you and good luck w your second opinion
Wow josie that terible, I had a labral tear repair about 9 weeks ago , and I recently had the pain return in the groin and down the inner thigh so bad at night I just cry, I pray I dont have necrosis, because they had to shave down the femoral head and neck and acetabulum because of impingement and arthritis and bone spurs, Im so sorry your are dealing with this thats terrible I will keep you in my prayers even though I dont know you. I do know what its like to long for your normal life to be able to do the things you used to do, biking ,taking walks, being able to run after your dog, have intimate relations with your husband,go to work, I to am afraid I will lose my job and than my finances will fall apart. Ill keep you in my prayers, please keep me in yours, God Bless You greatly for all your suffering my dear Sherrl Lynn :)