Drop foot question
Hello my names matt and Im an 18yr old male. Easter weekend i was playing football and dislocated my knee in doing so i tore all 4 ligaments in my knee as well as my peroneal nerve. so far ive had 2 surgeries with a combine total of 11 hours under the knife. my knee is doing wonderful up to 90 degrees 8 weeks after surgery but the nerve caused me to have a drop foot. i had surgery almost a month ago no sign of dorsial flexion but that doesnt worry me yet the thing is when i stand up or my leg isnt elevated i get severe pain in the foot. it feels as if pressure is building up this happends within a minute of my leg being down does any one have any ideas whats causing this or how i can improve this? thanks for your time
matt  
Hey Matt!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Nerve injuries are difficult to treat conservatively and interventional/ surgical management would depend on the severity of functional impairment etc.; where procedures such as tendon/ nerve transfer may be considered. Conservative management would largely involve physiotherapy in mild-moderate cases. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!