Orthopedics Community
Dull knee pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Dull knee pain

Hello, I am 19 and very active sports wise. About two years ago now I started experiencing a dull pain in my right knee. As far as the cause I am not quite but I can remember hitting my knee on the turf while playing soccer, or maybe it was from doing vertical training for a short period. I can feel a bit of grating when I push my knee cap back and forth. Also my knee sometimes pops when I extend it. I was wondering what you thought it might be and how to make it go away.
Avatar dr m tn
Hello!

You can try wearing a knee strap or band for support for few days. Apply ice packs and take pain killers and do not exert for couple of days and rest from active sports.

If your symptoms continue then consider some scans and follow up with an orthopedician.

Take care!