Orthopedics Community
Elbow pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Elbow pain

Hi,
Almost 25 years ago I fell and landed on both elbows. I could feel a floating bone chip in each of them. I did not seek medical attention at the time because i was young and invincible. My left elbow took the longest to heal (about 6 months to a year) where it remained tender and if I leaned on I would get a shooting pain.
All of these years later, my left elbow has begun to hurt again and I can feel the bone chip again near the surface of my elbow where it is just skin over bone. My question is.... Could this be the same bone chip? (I don't  remember banging it recently). Should I be getting this looked at now, or hope for it to resolve itself for another 25 years?
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. The symptoms could be due to complications from a previous injury or could occur due to an unrelated episode. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, loose bodies, inflammation, injuries to tendons/ ligaments, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979