Enlarged and longer collarbone
Hi! I'm a 28 year old female. I've been having problems with my right collarbone, arm and shoulder for over a year now. Last October, I noticed that my collarbone got enlarged at the place where it meets the sternum. The very place didn't hurt, but i felt pain in my arm, neck and shoulder. I felt some tension in my whole right side of the body. I've been going from one doctor to another...One said it was Cervical Spondylosis, the other Arthrosis....Three weeks ago i returned from the seaside... Since then my condition haschanged.... I feel no pain any more, but my right shoulder somehow sank, it's much lower than the left one, and the muscles near the shoulder blade are extremely weak, i don't even feel them... I have no problems with movement and pain... My right collarbone seems much longer then the left one... Muscles and the skin on the whole right side of my body are soft and weak...
I'm worried... Any ideas what could it be?

The various conditions which fit your description of symptoms may include ankylosing spondylitis, Langerhans cell histiocytosis, acute osteomyelitis and some rare syndromes such as the SAPHO syndrome, PPHS and adult CRMO.

SAPHO syndrome is a chronic disorder that involves the skin, bone, and joints.
SAPHO is an acronym for the following conglomerate of diseases:
S = sinovitis
A = acne (Propionibacterium acne)
P = palmoplantar pustulosis (sole of foot and palm of hand)
H = hyperostosis (sterno-costo-clavicular)
O = Osteomyelitis.

Hyperostosis is the medical term for abnormal excessive growth of bone. The hyperostosis of the SAPHO syndrome frequently is located at the points of the bone where tendons attach.

PPHS is Pustulo Psoriatic Hyperostotic Spondyloarthrosis and adult CRMO - Chronic Recurrent Multifocal Osteomyelitis of adults.

You should consult a rheumatologist for complete evaluation and investigations such as ESR and CRP , antigens like HLB27 and Reactive arthritis antigen.

The management might involve NSAIDS, sulphasalazine, dermatologist consultation and rehabilitation from a physiotherapist.

Hope you got some useful information. You may keep us posted on your further line of management.

Regards

Can you tell me what the long term prognosis of someone diagnosed with sternocostoclavicular hyperostosis is.  It is presently in the ribs