Extra Lumbar Disc & pain
I am 27 years old. I have always complained of backache & feet aches. I recently found out I have an extra disc in my lumbar spine. My doctor told me this is probably why my knees and ankles hurt. He also told me it can lead to degenerative disc disease and spinal stinosis, both of which my mom has and has major issues with. Has anyone heard of this? I have read it can and can't cause pain. Thanks for any responses.
Hi there!

Yes, this could or could not be responsible for the symptoms and the chances of degeneration/ complication would depend on the type and the location of the disc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician/ neurologist who specializes in spinal issues to get a suggestion as to what should be the course of management around this time and if surgery would be indicated at this stage. After a detailed evaluation the course of management can be chalked out accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!