Orthopedics Community
FEET AND HANDS ARE ON FIRE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

FEET AND HANDS ARE ON FIRE

Recently, about 3 weeks, my feet feel like they are on fire from the inside out. They are swollen, and painful to walk on. They always "burn" at the same time, then they will stop at the same time. At first it was a couple of times a day, but now its most of the day and night. Then last night, I woke up with not only my feet feeling like they were on fire, but both of my hands were on fire too. My hands are very uncordinated and weak. The "burning" feeling is so intense, its almost unbareable. I am moving from Texas to Missouri next week, and I dont have time to start medical testing here. If you have any tips, advise, clues, or anything about what this may be, PLEASE let me know. Thank you so much.
Tags: HANDS, feet
Consult your diabetologist.You could have diabetes,it will have such symptoms.
Goodluck
Hi, its better you get your Blood sugar tested for diabetes as this can be a complication of uncontrolled blood sugar levels and also see a neurophysician as this can also be due to neuritis.
you may have peripheral neuropathy.  causes are: diabetes, alcoholism, some drugs, a family history, or sometimes its just random.. Although usually, there is no swelling with this.  You should be seen by a rheumatologist, RA can present like this, as can some types of arthritis.  Please keep us posted, best of luck
You need to look up Erythromelalgia. I have posted in all forums tonight since this is a rare disease and none of the 18 drs  in TX in 12  years I went to ever hear of it. REad read all you can, take pictures of your feet as I did, join the yahoo groups and the EM website. A rare disease but recently found the mutated gene that cause it to be inherited. Others have it that it wasn't inherited. Yale is doing research now with the guy who found the gene. This is wonderful news for thisis it's bad enough will change your life. Armour yourself if you think you might have it. Print out allinfo you find and give it to your doctor.
HOpe this helps. HOpe you don't have it.