Orthopedics Community
Failed back fusion and chronic pain in back, hip , and leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I took a lot of XTC in the early nineties, and then had back surgery in 95 that failed. They put in a bone from the bone bank that worked where the hip bone they took failed. I am wondering if taking this drug had anything to do with preventing my bones from fusing. Does anyone have any info on this? I had a 3rd surgery from a cyst, and a fourth one with cages on L2 and L3. in 2000. Last year the floating disc at L4 L5 blew out and they put in a bone graft. it was to much for back to deal with fusions above and below the L 4, L5 disc. Now that bone graft did not fuse either and I am left with lots of pain in back, and right leg, along with my knee. They call it a pseudoarthrosis and my new surgeon thinks he might be able to do a fix on it for me. Would anyone be willing to comment on these issues for me? I really need help, Please?

Stefan