Fall on out stretched hand
hi everyone question!! Yesterday i was walking when my knee gave out (due to previous problems) and fell on my out stretched hand. My hand is killing me like right below my thumb like the palm of my hand kind of. It is kind of like a dull ache now (Throbbing after fall) but i have lost some motion in my thumb and my hand/thumb hurts a lot when i try to use it or move my thumb. Any ideas what it could be??
You have a fracture most probably with dislocation and effecting your nerves and arteries so you are having the problems with your thumb.
You should go for an X-ray and start the treatment immidiately near an orthopaedician surgeon.
If possible he will fix the dislocation and put you in a cast.
Please go ahead and take care!
Thanks for your post! I went to my regular family doctor who sent me for x rays that came back clear and with no fracture. However my entire hand is now a reddish purple and has tons of swelling (almost twice the size of my other hand) Is there any way my i could still have a small break that didnt show up on the x rays? also curious even if my hand is just a sprain wouldnt they usually want me to at least wrap it in an ace bandage or something?? after the x rays came back fine my doc didnt say anything about the next steps with my hand and no advice on how to treat it
I had a similar accident 2 yrs ago.  My fanily doctor said it showed a minor fracture and a break.  After treatment it still hurt whenever I shook hands or put presure on it,  I went to a specialist and he found out that ny hamate bone had broken and part of the bone needed to come out as it was rubbuing up against a nerve, I;d go see a specialist.
Yesterday i went to the orthopedic doctor who looked at my x rays and said he thinks it is probably a scaphoid fracture and was going to put a cast on it and re x ray it again in a couple days. Then a different doctor came in and thinks it could be RSD (Reflexive Sympathetic Dystrophy) and wanted to put a splint on it and start physical therapy immediately. How ever my mother and i do not agree with this diagnosis and think it could still be fractured. My hand is still very swollen and bruised, i cant make a fist and have limited motion in my wrist. ANY IDEAS??? Could physical therapy damage my hand further if it is fractured???