Orthopedics Community
Feel something pop and move when I step!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me if I should get my foot checked out or not. I don't want to because I don't have insurance. I've injured the same foot in the same spot three times in the past few months! First, I kicked our box spring.. I had a lot of pain in my toes and the pad under my toes. Then about a month later I went out and someone stomped on my foot in the same spot. I had the same pain as the first time. This time it lasted a little longer but went away after a week or two. Finally just the other night, and about a month after the second injury, I wore heals out and as soon as I put them on my toes went numb. I figured it happens to girls all the time, no big deal, right?! I was wrong.. after a couple of hours I was having intense pain in the pad and toes again. The next couple of days it was throbbing and numb. Today the numbness is starting to subside, but now I'm noticing that I can feel something (I'm assuming a bone?) moving/popping every time I take a step. I also feel pain when it happens and an intense tingling kind of like when you hit your funny bone and your whole arm goes crazy! The popping bone or w/e it is goes from the side of my toe to the middle of the pad. What do you think??
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered/ ruled out include fractures, dislocations, tendon/ ligament injuries, inflammations, degenerations etc. I would suggest having this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!