Orthopedics Community
Feet Soles in Terrible Pain for Yrs..Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hey
Im in Houston and am 32 yrs old. I have crohns and am on Cimzia for it. For 3 yrs both my feet have been sore. Lately very. Both soles are sore. The inflammation runs from under the toes to the heel. Its become very tiring literally. I have had mild neuropathy in the right foot from b12 getting too low 5 yrs ago. But my drs have run emgs showing no neuropathy and feel it is tissue inflammed/ MRI clear. xrays clear. What is going on here? Some say its from no fat as Im very thin.
My neuro dr wants to try gammuglobulin infusions in case its neuropathy. But Im leary. Ive been wearing sandals for over a year. I cant wear it seems any decent shoes like my eccos. This is a miserable situation and I nor it seems dr ive seen have a clue on what to do . Any ideas  here? my foot soles are terribly sore and tired....
thanks
israel07!
Tags: feet, soles, Pain
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would de difficult to comment on the situation. Likely possibilities the may need to be considered are neuropathies, inflammations, degenerations, infections, nerve impingement/ compression, peripheral neuropathy, ischaemia, heel pad syndrome etc. I would suggest discussing the situation in detail with your treating orthopedician and if in doubt you ay consider a second opinion.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Avatar n tn
thans. ive just had an emg- normal. but could be periphrial i guess. find a good orthpedician is very difficult it seems or at least one outside the box at his point. and im in houston!
Avatar n tn
what is a orthopedician???
Avatar n tn
Sorry you are in so much pain. Can you find a good foot and ankle doctor (preferably an MD and not a podiatrist) to treat you and can you get to a good chiropractor that knows how to treat feet? The chiropractor might be able to help.

achilles2