Orthopedics Community
Feet pain and swelling after accident

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Feet pain and swelling after accident

Hello! I was in a motorcycle accident at the end of April this year. My broken ribs, and crainiotomy are healing well. I had a tibia platue fracture which I am in therapy for. My problem is I have swelling in my operative leg at the knee, calf, and foot. I also have left (good Leg so to speek) ankle and foot swelling. My operated leg foot also has heel and outside foot pain. My good foot has heel and pain at the bottom of the toes (top of foot). The orthopedic doctor had me cat scaned to rule out a blood clot and that test came back negative. I have been on my feet and in therapy for the leg so the lack of use since the accident seems far fetched at this point. I have appointment with family doctor next week for this problem, but in search of any information that I can get as I need to get back to work and this foot thing is impeading my leg therapy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!