Fell on knee
Hi there,

I fell on my knee rushing to work the other day. Banged it up pretty good and it really hurt for the rest of the day. Its been about 2 weeks and it still hurts like it just happened if I touch my knee cap hard enough. If I poke it softly, I noticed its numb up until theres enough pressure for it to hurt. It doesnt hurt when I walk or lift boxes at work, but it feels really weak all day and if I bend it theres a tension that starts at the top of the knee all the way down to the bottom. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your knee pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, bruise, injuries to ligaments/ internal knee structures, muscular/ tendon injuries etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest resting the knee and avoiding excessive strain around it.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!