Orthopedics Community
Fell on knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Fell on knee

Hi there,

I fell on my knee rushing to work the other day. Banged it up pretty good and it really hurt for the rest of the day. Its been about 2 weeks and it still hurts like it just happened if I touch my knee cap hard enough. If I poke it softly, I noticed its numb up until theres enough pressure for it to hurt. It doesnt hurt when I walk or lift boxes at work, but it feels really weak all day and if I bend it theres a tension that starts at the top of the knee all the way down to the bottom. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your knee pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, bruise, injuries to ligaments/ internal knee structures, muscular/ tendon injuries etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest resting the knee and avoiding excessive strain around it.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!