Orthopedics Community
Femoral Intramedullary Nailing - Screw Removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

August 2006 - Both Femurs Broken in a car accident. Rods put in both femurs & 1 screw in each thigh, 2 in the right knee (had the lower screw taken out b/c it was too long & hurting on the outside of my knee) & 1 in the left Knee. There seems to be something that feels like it's "catching" or "flipping" on the inside of my left leg...just above the knee. It keeps me from being able to walk to bear weight. It has only happened twice, but it's very painfull & I'm thinking about going to an orthopedic doctor about it. I read about the iliotibial band hanging up on screws but i thought that would only happen on the lateral/outside part of your knee....this is on the upper, inside part of mine. Could it be just scartissue catching on the screw? Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows what this might be?