Femur fracture, Knee pain after surgery
Hi all,
I am 21 years old, I had my femur fractured 10 years back. Doctors operated and fixed a rod. They told me I do not need to remove my rod ever in life. But now I am having knee pain if I walk too much or if I sit under air conditioner or expose my leg to heat. The pain starts from knee and slowly spread in complete leg. I do not want to go to doctor becuase I ams ure for earning extra money they will say you need to remove your rod etc. Can anyone help me and I also wanted to ask can this pain turn worse or turn into cancer etc??? Is there any other way of getting rid of this pain instead of getting operated?
You may have soft tissue injury in your knee.Quite often someone who has had a femur injury walks with a different gate which will also cause pain in the knee &or hip .But there is also a chance that a screw has given way.The long and short of it is that you need an xray -it is highly unlikely that after 10 years your pain has anything to do with hardware if its all in tact & no,pain doesn't turn into cancer.Good Luck to you!