Orthopedics Community
Fibula Head Dislocation x2
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fibula Head Dislocation x2

Hi, about a year and a half ago I dislocated my right fibular head joint while playing rugby. After a about a week of an unstable feeling I told my physio who discoverd the dislocation and placed it back in, however, this past season I was hit low on the same knee and redislocated the fibual. The pain has almost become unbarable at points and I have noticed that my knee has started to hyperextend back and if I stand on it long enough it feels as though it might go through the back of my leg. As well as my ankle has almost completely locked due to the movement. I have seen doctors who seem to only agree that Women should not play contact sports and am tired of not being taken seriosly. Is there anything/anyone who knows what I can do to fix this or what I should be doing to convince the doctors?
Tags: surgery