Finger hyperextension
I fell at a baseball game around 6 weeks ago, I fell on my hand and fingers were bent back under me. I had x-rays done and have 2 small fractures in Pinki finger, However, My pointer finger 2ND joint is twice the normal size, skin keeps peeling off, and I can't fully straighten it out. Also, the back of my hand and palm swell when I use them for a period of time. The pain in my hand is about a 6 on pain scale. I have been to the Dr. twice now. I ice it and massage it as best I can tolerate. I also can't make a fist. It feels like something is gonna pop in the joints and the skin looks and feels like it will split open. If I lay my hand on a flat surface my Pointer finger and palm won't touch the surface of the table. Am I nuts or could something be really wrong. I live in a small town, with not real stellar doctors. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hello!

Wear a finger splint immediately and visit an orthopedician with the X-rays.

If this cannot be corrected conservatively you would need finger surgery.

Take care!
Thank you, I did go see a hand surgeon and he acted like I was wasting his time. He looked at my x-rays and thats it. Said to do Physical Therapy, and if not better come back in 6 weeks. I still can't bend my index finger, and it is 1 & 1/2 times the normal size, and my hand swells after using it for a while, nad my finger gets very warm, and looks like it's gonna pop. It has been over 6 weeks since this happened and still no pain relief. I hurts so bad, I've considered going to urgent care, just to get some relief. Thanks for your time I truely appreciate it.