Orthopedics Community
Flexor Tendon Injury
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flexor Tendon Injury

Broke my right little finger about 10 month back, doc used kwire to align the bones, after 4 weeks they removed the wire. but didnt got the active moment, so had my PT for 1-2 months....now also i didnt recoverd the active motion. so doc diagnosis is flexor tendon injury, need surgery. so my question is what will be my percentage recovery after surgery?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  It is very difficult to predict the percentage of recovery. You would need a MRI of the hand to assess the degree of injury. Sometimes surgery is pretty effective and at other times it may not be. The success rate depends on the degree and location of the injury.
Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...